Thursday, September 4, 2008

THE INSOMNIACS

New Jersey's mod power pop trio the Insomniacs formed in Englishtown in 1989 when their previous incarnation, the Tea Club, fizzled out after a year of rehearsals and infrequent gigs. By 1991, the group, made up of brothers David Wojciechowski (bass) and Robert Wojciechowski (guitar) and drummer Michael Sinocchi, released their debut 7", My Favorite Story, on Umbrella Records. The Time Ticks By and Going Out of My Mind singles followed, and in 1994, the band put out its self-titled EP on Estrus, known among fans as "the ghoul record." The next two years brought the Sylvia Gray and Already Down 7" records. The band's first album was delayed by the infamous Estrus warehouse fire, but in 1997, the Insomniacs finally debuted their first full-length of catchy munster rock, Out of It. The groovy, shag carpets and mood rings follow-up, Get Something Going!, arrived on the scene in 2000, and the similarly fabuloso Switched On! appeared in finer record shops in 2004. ~ Charles Spano, All Music Guide. I PROBABLY SAW THESE GUYS LIVE LIKE TEN TIMES THROUGH THE 90'S. A VERY GREAT AND UNDERRATED BAND. VERY NICE GUYS. MY SINGLE SAYS LIMITED EDITION OF 500. MOST OF THE INFO FOR THIS POST CAME FROM http://www.answers.com/.
.
1 MY FAVORITE STORY
2 SUNSHINE GIRL
3 NOTHING IS REAL
.
UMBRELLA RECORDS 1991
.

3 comments:

KOTJ Records said...

Hello
Thanks for put that records in your blog, specially love this single and always the best garage band in the planet, that old LYRES keep in touch

Oscarkotj

Wally said...

I have never seen so many cool rare 7" singles on one site. Thanks so much. The Insomniacs were going to record a Television Personalities cover for our tribute series, but sadly I lost touch with them. They were/are amazing and hope they are still around - will have to search for them.

Frank Miller said...

Thanks for the compliment Wally, I know I'm all over the place, but that's how my taste is. I guess it works, to me it's all relative. I'm not sure how active The Insomniacs are, but they released another great full length recently on The Screamin Apple Label titled Just Enjoy It.Thanks for the comment.