Friday, March 13, 2009

BUZZCOCKS (I AM THE AMAZING BUZZCOCKS 12" SINGLE)

I'm going to try to keep this brief, the Buzzcocks are an exceptional band. Especially their early material . I'm quite sure I don't have to tell you that. One way to judge a bands greatness, is to go see them live . I remember seeing the Buzzcocks live once. It was the late Eighties or perhaps the very early 90's at City Gardens in Trenton N.J.. If I remember correctly they had the original line up . Anyway what struck me was the love that came from the audience for the band, they didn't have to ask anyone to dance or pay attention. Everyone sang every word to every song. In between being totally impressed with there performance I remember how cool the atmosphere was, there was no fighting,(which was really rare for that place) everyone was just having fun. Wow, the power of music . )SO MUCH FOR KEEPING IT BREIF). If your interested I will give you a bunch of links at the bottom with tons of great info on them. The Buzzcocks formed in Manchester in 1976. They have been led by singer/songwriter/guitarist Pete Shelley for nearly their entire existence.
They are primarily remembered for their singles, a string of would-be hits that combined a strong grasp of pop song craftsmanship with rapid-fire punk energy. These singles were collected on Singles Going Steady, described by critic Ned Raggett as a "punk masterpiece" The widely covered "Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've)" remains one of their best-known songs.
The name "Buzzcocks" was chosen by Howard Devoto and Pete Shelley after seeing a review of Rock Follies in Time Out, which included the line "it's getting a buzz, cocks!" ("cock" being a Manchester slang term meaning "youngster").
.
REFERENCES - WIKIPEDIA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzzcocks OFFICIAL SITE http://www.buzzcocks.com/site/index.html MYSPACE http://www.myspace.com/buzzcocksofficial ILIKE PAGE http://www.ilike.com/artist/Buzzcocks
.
WIZARD RECORDS 1978
.
1. WHAT DO I GET
2. FAST CARS
3. MOVING AWAY FROM THE PULSEBEAT
.
***DOWNLOAD***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By posting Vopos' Dead Entertainment, your blog is now in my 'hero' category. Your collection mirrors mine quite a bit. Are there any 'holy grail' items on your want list I might help with? Thanks for all your effort here. You've already made quite an excellent 'try'. ~stu

John Liedown said...

Everyone loves the old stuff (why would'nt you) but to be honest, Flat Pack Philosophy I think is now my favourite Buzzcocks record. For a band to be this creative at this stage of their career I think is amazing, only just surpassed by Strummers last outings for me.
Cheers
J