Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Essentials (Fast Music In A SLow Town E.P.)

Sorry I haven't posted much lately, I've been trying to keep my New Years resolution and get myself in better shape.Years ago when I had a radio show, I used to like playing Turn off your radio. Not only was it funny to play, but it's a great song as well. I wanted to try to put together a bio on the Essentials, but as always info is scarce. I borrowed most of my information from THIS article. I shortened it up quite a bit, so if you would like to read more go check it out. The Essentials were from South Florida. Influenced by the likes of: The Beatles, The Who, Credence Clearwater Revival, and The Jam, Walter Cz (guitar) placed an ad in a magazine, that was answered by; Phil Stingray,(guitar) and Lois Lane,(Bass). Early on John Galway played drums while gigging. In 1980, after catching an Essentials show, Pete Moss saw them perform, impressed, he persuaded Walter to let him join the band. By 1981, Phil left to start his own band, and The Essentials became a three piece. Lois eventually left as well to pursue a managerial position with McDonald's. Steve (Sincere) Anthony took over on bass for awhile, but was never committed to the band. He did however play on this record which was put out by Herald critic, and unofficial Essentials manager Bill Ashton, who basically started Safety Net records with the purpose of putting out a record for The Essentials, he used his own tax refund to do it. Towards the end of 1982 Henry Sarria took over on bass, and The Essentials moved to LA, I'm not sure what happened to them after that. Walter designed the cover for this single as well as covers for bands such as: the Wrap, the Eat, Charlie Pickett and the Eggs , and a compilation titled The Land That Time Forgot. Pete Moss passed away on May 20th, 1997. That's all I Have, If you have anything to add or correct please feel free.
.
Safety Net Records 1982
.
1. Turn Off Your Radio
2. I Don't Get
3. Johnny
4. It's Essential
.
***DOWNLOAD***

No comments: