Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Hi-Fi's (I Don't Know Why You Love Me SIngle)

Here's one for you, it's one of my favorite Canadian Powerpop records. The Hi-fi's were from Toronto, they were formed around 1977 or 78, by Greg Keelor, and Jim Cuddy, who had met while in high school. Other band members were: Jim Sublett, ( Drums) and Malcolm Schell (Bass, and Vocals). Unfortunately, I couldn't find much in the way of info on those guys. I believe this was their only single. They were approached by Ready Records with a deal; but for what ever reason, it never materialised. Eventually The Hi-fi's disbanded, and Keelor, and Cuddy went on to form the groups: Fly to France, and the one their most known for, Blue Rodeo.
.
Show Time Records 1980
.
1. I Don't Know Why (You Love Me)
2. Look What You've Done
.
***DOWNLOAD***

No comments: