Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Shades (Hello Mr. Johnson Single)

For the hell of it; I took a look in my old Volumes book to see what it had to say about this record. It claimed this band was from Vancouver, and, appeared on The Vancouver Complication Comp.I guess you can't believe everything you read. I think the Shades were from NJ, but I'm not 100% sure, they played mostly around The Trenton, and Philadelphia area. This may have been their only record but once again, I'm not certain. If you know anything please feel free to fill in the blanks. I found this link that should clear things up a bit, CHECK IT OUT !
.
Go Go Inc. 1979
.
1. Hello MR. Johnson
2. Are You My Angel ?
.
***DOWNLOAD***

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, from Trenton, NJ. Other sources place them in Philadelphia, PA, but I guess only because they played there so frequently. A side was comped on Shake Some Action #4.

Pavarotten said...

I think they was from Austin, TX
Look at that http://vinilbrule.blogspot.com/2010/04/shades-ward-and-june-never-understood.html

Frank Miller said...

They were from Trenton, I thought they were but I wasn,t sure. I found a link I'm going to add to the post. One of these days I'm going to have to pick up the shake some action series. I think I have one of them, but I'm not sure which one. Thanks Pavarotten, wrong Shades,great post though. I added your site to my blogroll,thanks. I can think of 4 or five bands off the top of my head alone that called themselves the Shades. I plan on posting a record by one of those Shades in the near future. Thanks for the comments.

Pavarotten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pavarotten said...

You are right Frank, i was a little bit (?!?!) drunk when i posted my comment :D (But the logos are alikes).
Thanx a lot for adding my blog in your roll. Keep 'on rockin'. Greetings from Italy

Read more: http://shotgunsolution.blogspot.com/2011/02/shades-hello-mr-johnson-single.html#ixzz1EynqNTT0

Frank Miller said...

No problem, thanks for the comment.

Mr. Dave said...

A New Jersey band. Saw them on The Uncle Floyd Show and bought this 45. Thanks for posting it.

Brian J Hvasta said...

Saw them many times at Brothers in Hamilton Twp. NJ. Awesome show.. mix of their own music and some very cool covers. Great live shows. Were THE best local band and could have been the next big thing!!

Frank Miller said...

Thanks Brian, appreciate the comment.